Summer days can be hot, and hazy, but that steamy, sunshine brings so much fun! During the warm months, kids have a lot of free time for anoutdoor frolic, goofing around with friends, and discovering new adventures. Since parents aren’t typically quite as lucky, they need to find fun activities for their children at safe places during work hours. Luckily, West Calgary offers a wide variety of great summer camps for kids. The following is just a snapshot of all the wonderful options West Calgary offers.
Calgary Summer Camps for Active Kids
There are many good options for active kids who are always on the move. Summer camps for kids in Calgary feature all sorts of fun ways to expend lots of energy.
- TucknTumble Gymnastics Camp promotes physical fitness and overall well-being in a safe and fun environment. Half and full day camp options are available. Along with gymnastics, both programs are filled with crafts, games, and other activities.
- YMCA Summer Camps in Calgary are always a choice for area children. The new sports camp options offer great opportunities for kids to explore new activities, play a new sport, or hone existing skills. Depending on the West Calgary location, sports offered include football, golf, soccer and a multi-sport camp.
- BigRock Aikikai is an extraordinary sports camp designed for kids ages 5-12. Children have a lot of fun here, as they learn the martial art, Aikido. No previous experience is required, and all skill levels are welcome.
- Evolve Summer Camp for kids gives 6-15-year-olds who love to ride skateboards or scooters a chance to strut their stuff. Evolve Calgary camp participants receive attentive and skilled instruction by highly qualified coaches. Campers also get to tour different skateparks throughout Calgary each day. Many other fun activities are also part of the program, along with bus transportation.
- City of Calgary Nature Day Camps bring on lots of action-packed outdoor adventures and hands-on activities for kids who love to explore. With the help of experienced and knowledgeable educators, children connect with nature and learn all about plants, bugs, birds and other animals in the area.
- Kids U Summer Camp for kids incorporates a curriculum centered on child development mixed with a whole lot of fun. Children ages 3-12 are kept active outdoors at the park, playing games, taking nature walks, going on outings, getting messy, and simply having a great time enjoying the summer weather.
Summer Camps for Creative Kids
For kids who are more centered on specific artistic activities, there are several Calgary summer camps that allow children to focus on creative expression.
- Chinook School of Music’s summer camps for kids allow children to explore music, learn new things or expand on theskills they have already acquired. There areseveral camp options available that are divided into age groups. Prior music experience is not required to participate in these camps.
- Alive Danceworks Dance Camps for children aged 3-13 is a great way to learn some cool moves, acquire strong confidence, and make new friends in a fun and supportive environment. At Alive Danceworks, staff members guidesummer campers through a tour all popular styles of dance. Prior dance experience is not necessary.
- Poppy Innovations is all about cooking! Kids learn how to prepare healthy dishes and gain an understanding of where food comes from and how it is processed. Poppy offers both a half-day and a full day program. There is also a new gardening club.