Summer is right around the corner; do you have plans yet? Calgary has endless options for people of all ages, whether you are looking for a nice date night or a place for the whole family, you are bound to find something fun!
Things To Do Near West Calgary
Historical Calgary Attractions
Interested in the history of Calgary? There are lots of historic spots around Calgary for you to visit. Depending on which parts of history interest you, you could spend days wandering around learning about it. These are our top 3 picks for historical attractions near West Calgary.
- Fort Calgary – Fort Calgary was established in 1875 originally named Fort Brisebois. It was purchased by the City of Calgary in 1974 and opened as a historic site in 1978.
- Heritage Park Historical Village – Described as Canada’s largest living history museum, this historical park is located on 127 acres along the Calgary’s southwestern edge. It is one of the city’s most visited historical attractions.
- Lougheed House – Originally known as Beauliu, the Lougheed House has had a long history. Built in 1891, it has been a family house, a training center for women, military barracks and even blood donor clinic.
Outdoor Calgary Attractions
Prefer something a bit more outdoorsy? These local Calgary outdoor attractions may be perfect for you and the family.
- The Calgary Zoo – This zoo is the most visited zoo in Canada and has been recognized as one of the top zoos in the world for conservation research. It is also one of Alberta’s 10 most “beloved brands.”
- Prince’s Island Park – Named after Peter Anthony Prince, the park was built on land which was donated in 1947 by the Prince Family. It has hiking trails and beautiful scenery. Throughout the year the park hosts many festivals and events. Be sure to check for events while you are visiting!
Kids Playgrounds in Calgary
Need something to keep the kids entertained? West Calgary has some nice indoor playgrounds nearby, perfect for children of all ages. Whether you want to wear them out or keep them entertained, one of these places surely will help.
- TommyKPlay – Described as “Calgary’s first class indoor playground”, this family entertainment center is for children ages 0 to 12 years old. With 2 locations in Calgary there are lots of things to do. From a Laser Maze and Roller Race Track to a Toddler Area and Reserved Party Rooms.
- Flip Factory – This indoor attraction offers many activities from parkour and gymnastics to ninja warrior training and circus class. They have both classes and “drop-in” events, where children and adults of all ages can play.
Water Adventures in Calgary
Want to hit the beautiful waters of Calgary? These attractions offer classes and rentals to help start your adventure!
- Aquabatics – If you enjoy the water and outdoors, Aquabatics rentals and tours may be perfect for you. They offer different packages to suit your needs. You can purchase an entire package or each item separately depending on your preference.
- Undercurrents – Interested in kayaking or canoeing? Undercurrents offers paddling school to provide you with the skills necessary to stay safe on the water. They can also help you pick the perfect gear for your paddling adventure.
Whether you are looking for an outdoor or indoor activity, something for the whole family or just a date. West Calgary has endless attractions nearby available to you. From nature parks to museums, you can explore something new each day! We hope you enjoy your stay in West Calgary.