Looking for some fun activities to enjoy with the whole family near West Calgary? Luckily, with one of the youngest populations in Canada, there is an abundance of activities for children of all ages. Whether you are looking to spend the day outside, admiring nature or inside, learning about history, Calgary has an option for you.
10 Activities for Kids near West Calgary
While there are many restaurants, nightlife, and other activities for adults, sometimes you need something to keep the kids entertained. Calgary is well known for its plethora of family activities of all kinds.
- Classic Canadian Tours – Classic Canadian Tours offers unique tours in regions of Canada that are more remote than places you’d usually visit. The tours highlight beautiful landscapes and wildlife. Their goal is to make out of the way locations more accessible to those that want to adventure!
- Calgary Corn Maze & Fun Farm – This attraction features 13 acres of corn mazes, a petting zoo, and even mini golf. There are numerous activities for children of all ages. Whether you want to play with some barn animals, watch a pig race or bounce the day away, you’ll surely find something fun for the whole family.
- Butterfield Acres Farm – This farm provides a hands-on learning experience in a farm environment. Come and enjoy farm animals, wagon rides through the woods and pony/donkey rides.
- Skyline Luge Calgary – Looking for a unique experience? This unique ride provides riders full control over their descent on a luge track. Featuring more than 50 twists and turns, covering over 5905, it is the longest track in the world. Children less than 110cm must share a ride with an adult but everyone can enjoy the fun!
- The Hangar Flight Museum – This museum showcases the evolution of flight, through their collection of airplanes and helicopters and stories of the men and women who flew them. The collection has many rare and significant military aircraft with exciting stories to go along with them.
- Bow Habitat Station – If the family would like to go learn about wild and aquatic life, the Bow Habitat Station may be the perfect option. You can explore exhibits and aquariums, tour the fish hatchery, adventure through the Interpretive Wetland or even go fishing in their trout pond. You are sure to have a great day!
- The Calgary Zoo – If your family loves exotic wildlife, the Calgary Zoo may be a great option. From penguins and cranes to red pandas and giraffes, there is a lot to look at! The zoo also features eating and dining, along with rides and play areas. With so much to do and see, you may need to make multiple visits!
- Calaway Park – If the family is looking for more of an adrenaline rush, Calaway Park is the perfect Calgary destination. Featuring 32 family friendly rides, entertainment and treats, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Heritage Park Historical Village – Interested in the local history? Heritage Park features over 180 attractions from shops to museums. Enjoy a wagon ride, or stroll through the attractions. Your family can enjoy a beautiful day learning about the history of Calgary.
- TELUS Spark – Is your family interested in science, technology or engineering? The TELUS Spark Museum offers interactive exhibits that allow you to play while learning. Educational demonstrations and multimedia presentations are also featured.
No matter what your family enjoys, Calgary has a fun family activity for you to enjoy. Whether you want to spend the day learning about science or possibly go pet some farm animals, every day can be fun in West Calgary.