This upcoming weekend will be full of activities and fun that are just ripe for the taking. Family Day Long Weekend activities are plentiful and exciting. Did you know that the Chinese New Year’s festival falls on this weekend? That is just one of the many things you could find you and your family a part of!
What You Can Do
Beyond Chinese New Year, there are tons of things you can do for your family weekend.
- Sleeping Beauty – Sleeping Beauty, an all-time classic, will be played at the Loose Moose Theatre through the upcoming weekend, but be quick! This is the last weekend it will be playing in Calgary.
- Family Fishing Weekend – If you and your family enjoy fishing, you will love this twice-yearly fishing weekend. Fishing regulations apply as usual, but no fishing license is required, so don’t worry about it! It’s completely free, and it’s a wonderful way to bond with your family in a way that gets them outdoors and active in a way that they usually don’t
- Family FISHtival – Like our previous recommendation, this is a great thing to do for families who love the outdoors and fishing. It’s also free, and there are tons of fun stuff to do, like campfires and s’mores, and of course, fishing!
- Family Fun Day – This weekend you might want to skip on down to Family Fun Day at Eau Claire Market for fun for the whole family! There will be live entertainment, magicians, kids’ crafts, carnival games, and more!
Restaurants & Dining
If you are just looking for a great restaurant to share with your family this weekend, here is a short list of some of the best restaurants in all of Canada that just so happen to be located in Calgary:
- Anew Table
- Blink Restaurant
- Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant
- La Chaumiere
- The Lake House
- Q Haute Cuisine
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse – Calgary
- Villa Firenze
We know that you will be able to find something that tickles your fancy when it comes to this weekend’s long family weekend! If you are determined to find something interesting and fun to do, Calgary is full of activities!