It may feel like summer just started, but schools all over West Calgary are about to start another school year. Still enjoying your summer? To reduce the stress of starting a new school year in September, why not start planning now? The Rise at West Grove Estates is here to provide your checklist for going back to school:
With a little less than a month before the new school year kicks off, here are some useful tips for avoiding the back-to-school rush:
- Review Summer Learning Requirements/Assignments
- Schedule Medical Checkups: Are Immunizations Up to Date?
- Schedule Dental Checkup
- Schedule Vision Checkup
- Research Extracurricular Activities
- Research Before/After School Care
- Check School Supply List
- Check School Dress Code
- Start Back-to-School Shopping: Backpacks, Lunch Boxes, Clothes, Shoes, etc.
- Check for School Orientation Dates
So you’ve gotten started about a month early; you should already be ahead with the back-to-school rush. A few weeks before your child(ren) start the new year, we suggest the following:
- Create Weekly Family Schedule
- Review School Policies: Dress Code, Regulations, Emergency Procedures, etc.
- Complete Back-to-School Shopping: Pencils, Paper, Notebooks, Glue, etc.
- Implement School Year Bedtime
With about a week to go before the school year begins, most of everything should be taken care of. Now it’s time for the final touches and preparations:
- Get Scheduled Haircuts
- Stock Lunch/Snack Essentials
- Purchase Sandwich/Snack Bags & Ice Packs
- Confirm Extracurricular Activities/Before and After School Care
- Teach Young Child(ren) Home Address, Phone Numbers & Important Contacts
Starting a new school year doesn’t have to be a stressful experience with these helpful tips! With proper preparation and planning your family can transition from summer fun to school-ready in just a month. We hope that all of the families in West Calgary have a great rest of summer and amazing 2017-2018 school year!